Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Say Yes to the Dress!! GIU Day 3!!


   

With Springtime here, that means it's Prom Season. This cute stamp set reminds me of prom. What better way to celebrate with a few pretty dresses. I have been playing around with watercoloring lately. I created 2 cards with the same image but I used 2 different methods of watercoloring.
     The top image is colored using the Spectrum Noir Aqua Markers and the bottom image I colored with Twinkling H2O watercolors. The H2O card has a shimmer to it. The picture does not do it justice.

       I used basic watercolor paper you find at Hobby Lobby. The cardstock is from Fun Stampers Journey. Patterned paper is from BoBunny.  Die is also Fun Stampers Journey. I popped the image up with foam squares to give dimension. My image is from "Happy Girls, Pretty Girls" by Unity Stamp Co.
   
      Comment below for a chance to win 25 stamps from Unity Stamp Co.  I will pick 2 winners at the end of the week.

                          Happy Kreating!!
                                    Barb

         



16 comments:

  1. Very pretty, Barb. Looking forward to the rest of your week as GIU.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the card and the colors on the dresses. It's going to be a fun week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute cards. Love the brights. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet, Barb. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such fun cards! Love the dresses... looks like a fun image to color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun set of cards and I am loving all the colors! This takes me back to when my daughter was in high school and wanted me to sew all of her prom dresses! She wanted something that no one else would be wearing and it was fun to chose colors, styles and fabrics. It was also a ridiculous amount of work and there was one prom where her dress was held together with safety pins!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like how you colored these beautiful dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card dresses,it's so colorful,fun,elegant and special!Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the cards! This stamp does remind me of prom, even though I never went to one. But I remember looking at all of the beautiful dresses in the catalogs. Love your coloring, and noticing your split background theme again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is one of my favorite stamps! I don't know why I don't own it…..Great job coloring. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great stamp and once again I love the colouring especially the Twinkling H2Os.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always wanted a fancy dress...beautiful cards

    ReplyDelete
  13. Makes me hopeful for a beautiful spring. Break out those cute dresses and give them a twirl! Receiving this card would definitely put a spring in my step. Great creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful, love the colors of the dresses! Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just followed the links from the Unity blog to your beautiful blog... And I'm sooo glad I did. Your cards are just so lovely, Barbara, especially this one which is adorable, Jo x

    ReplyDelete