Friday, August 22, 2014

My Turn!!

 
It is my turn to create the tutorial this week at mfpSpeedyTV . My tutorial can be found here.  I love how each time you do this technique it looks different. This technique gives you another use for embossing folders.  It is always nice to have dual purposes for your crafting supplies.
This card is great for the summer. It is light and airy.
I stamped the dragonfly from the Dragonflies Stampset by Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Co on Distressed watercolor paper with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I then colored the dragonfly with  my Distressed stain and a waterbrush. My Distressed Stain colors are Salty Ocean, Moweed Lawn, and Seedless Preserves. I used the same colors for my technique.
 
My supplies are Dragonflies Stamp set from Mark's Finest Papers, Memento Tuxedo black and Bahama Blue ink, Gina K cardstock and Tim Holtz' Distressed Watercolor paper, Distressed Stains in the colors above, and Sheena "Petite Petals"embossing folder.
 
Come check out what the design team has created with this tutorial here. Join the challenge for a chance to win this stamp set:
 
Happy Kreating!!
Barb
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Going to remember this technique easy and very effective Thanks for that Your card is lovely ...........Lis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is wonderful!!! Thanks for the great tutorial Barb...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is beautiful, I really enjoyed this tutorial and will be using it again. Great way to get more out of our embossing folders.

    ReplyDelete