Saturday, April 12, 2014

The Scoop Texture Card





 




Supplies from StampingScrapping:

Justrite The Scoop Vintage Labels 4 Stamp Set
Justrite Vinatge Labels 4 Dies
Copics
Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
Glimmer Mist

Other Supplies:
    Craft Mat
    Embossing Machine ( I used my BigShot)
   Cardstock: piece of scrap for the spackling, A2 size card
      My cardstock is Stampin Up! Tempting Turquoise and Crafter's Companion UltraSmooth White cardstock
   Putty knife or other utensil to spread paste
  Embossing Folder  ( I used Sizzix Stripes from Pinwheels and Stripes Set)
  Spackle, Drywall Compound, gesso ( any type of pastelike material)



 I recently learned this technique from another challenge I did. I changed the challenge up a little bit.
 Here is my version:
    I stamped my image using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored with my Copics. I then diecut my image out using the Justrite Vintage Labels 4 die that coordinated with my image. I set this aside for later.



    Using a larger size scrap paper ( just smaller than my A2 cardbase for layering), I spread my spackle compound on the paper. I wanted a layer that was not too thin or thick. I let that sit for about 2 minutes. I then used my embossing folder and embossed the paper to give it texture. The image will look rough ( that's what you want). I let the image dry.
 
 
 

     While it was drying, I cleaned up my embossing folders and embossing plates. You don't want the spackle to dry on your tools.
     Once the image was dry, I sprayed the paper with Glimmer Mist. You could use any type of spray.
My colors were Black Cherry and Turquoise Blue. Again let this dry.

    Assemble your card and done!
 


  Hope you enjoy this.
    Happy Kreating!!
        Barb


  








  

1 comment:

  1. Well, I have spackle, and I have embossing folders! Guess I will have to give this a try! Thanks so much for the tutorial!!

    ReplyDelete