Friday, March 21, 2014

Tutorial Time Challenge 93


This week's challenge was to make a texturized background using gesso, paint, or drywall compound. I used spackling paste for my texture. I spread a thin amount on cardstock, while it was slightly damp I ran into thru my embosser using Mbossabilities folder Venetian. I then sprayed the background using Glimmer mist in Gold, Meadow Green, and Iridescent Gold. I set it aside to dry.
        Using the Buddha Stamp set from Mark's Finest papers, I stamped Buddha in versamark and heat embossed in gold. Buddha was diecut with Spellbinders Label 18.
    I layered the card and popdotted my Buddha,
         Come and play here for a chance to win a free stamp set.
                   Happy Stamping
                     Barb

5 comments:

  1. Love the background you created Barb, looks GREAT with the buddha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty and I bet even better in real life......Lis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how your texture turned out Barb! Love the Buddha....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea. Didn't think about embossing the paste. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the idea of using an embossing folder I never thought of that.

    ReplyDelete